Venues listed below produce the regular comedy shows taking place all year round (or at least regular seasons). Big touring national/international acts often appear in other venues such as city theatres, town halls, or footy/RSL clubs.
Jump to [Sydney shows] [Central Coast shows] [Northern NSW shows]
Specialists dedicated to comedy, these get the top national and international acts and have shows running most nights of the week at a single venue.
- The Comedy Store
* Sydney – Open Mics Tuesday, New Comics feature on Wednesday, Closed Sunday & Monday
The Entertainment Quarter, Building 207/122 Lang Rd, Moore Park
tel 02 9357 1419 | website | email
- The Laugh Garage Comedy Club
Local, National and International Comedians
Riverside Theatre, Parramatta on Saturdays
Cnr Elizabeth & Park St, Sydney City Monday to Saturday
tel 02 8883 1111 | website | email
- Happy Endings Comedy Club
Sydney’s newest comedy nightclub in the heart of the Kings Cross nightlife. Early and late night shows.
154 Brougham St, Cnr William St, Kings Cross (@ El Rocco formerly Bar Me) Saturday 8.00 and 10.00pm,
tel (02) 9300 9060 | website | email
- The Roxbury Hotel in Glebe is rapidly becoming Sydney’s premier comedy hotel, with shows several nights a week. It doesn’t technically count as a comedy club because the different shows are managed by different people/groups who use the hotel as their venue, but there’s shows on most nights of the week – see separate weeknights above. [website]
- NB: there are also organisations which run multiple venues on different nights of the week – see the other sections for rooms presented by Lawless Entertainment [website] and Left of Centertainment [website]
- Lawless Comedy @ The Old Manly Boatshed
Top touring talent
40 The Corso, Manly
Lawless Entertainment website
- Comedy @ The Fringe Bar, Paddington
“Back and bigger than ever!”
106 Oxford Street, Paddington
tel 02 9360 5443 | website
- Comedy on the EDGE
Every week, 8:00pm | Exit by donation.
Comedy on the EDGE is one of Sydney’s great little comedy laboratories, running every Tuesday night at 8 pm
Shannon Hotel, 87 Abercrombie Street, Chippendale
- Roxbury Hotel – Comedy On The Rox
Every week, 8:00pm
(including open mic Quest For The Best contest)
162 St Johns Road, Glebe
tel 02 9692 0822 | email | website
- Project 52 @ Hermann’s Bar
Every Wednesday Night 8PM – 10PM
Project 52 showcases the best of Sydney University’s comedy people. Sketch. Impro. Stand up. Everything. Come along and watch it. It’s pretty funny.
Hermann’s Bar, University Of Sydney Union, cnr City Rd & Butlin Ave, Darlington
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website
- Lawless Comedy@ Oatley Hotel
Top touring talent
8 Oatley Avenue, Oatley
pub website | Lawless Entertainment website
- Arthur B’s Fringe Affair
Comedy and drama, poetry and plays, music, magic, monologues, and mayhem. Sydney’s finest performers bring you an exciting new show every two weeks.
The Hive Bar (93 Erskineville Rd, Erskineville)
- A Mic in Hand @ The Friend In Hand
Weekly – open mic, headliners, touring drop-ins
sells out regularly
The Friend in Hand Pub, 58 Cowper St, Glebe
tel ? | email bookings | pub website | mic in hand website
- Scared Scriptless @ The Roxbury
Improvised theatre: Theatresports® 8pm, Tickets only $10
Roxbury Hotel, 182 St Johns Rd, Glebe
email | website | venue website
- Comedy Court @ Star Bar
Each week 4 fresh, new, hot, up and coming stand-up comics, PLUS a guest comic, go head to head competing for up to $1,500 in Cash, Prizes, Plaques and a job CO-HOSTING 1 show in the next Comedy Court competition! Plus of course, bragging rights!
PLUS In the Witness Box – a contest for the funniest audience members!
Star Bar’s Theatre – 600 George Street, City (Formerly Planet Hollywood)
tel 02 9547 2578| contest website | venue website
- Quick…. Some Comedy Quick! @ Star Bar
5 or more Comics – *60 Minutes! A fast roller coaster of Stand Up Comedy – So hold on tight!
Sat nights-8pm-$10.00 Dinner show $21.99
Star Bar Comedy Theatre (Formerly Planet Hollywood), 600 George Street Sydney CBD
Website | Phone: (02) 9547-2578 | Email: email@example.com
Rhythmboat Cruises, Pyrmont Bay Wharf Darling Harbour
Cruises on Friday or Saturday nights – check their website
tel 02 9879 3942 | website
Newcastle Comedy Club held every Saturday at the Oriental Hotel, Cooks Hill.
Show starts at 8.30pm – Free Entry
Check the FB group for updates on performers each week.