Canberra Irish Club
July 1st to September 9th
The yearly blockbuster contest is on again this winter!
WHAT’S GREEN FACES?
Green Faces is a comedy competition conducted at The Canberra Irish Club every year. It is for new or budding comedians to enter with the only criteria being that the entrants CANNOT earn more than $150.00 average per week over one year from comedy.
Since it’s inception in 1997, Green Faces has had over 400 competitors, given away over $20000 in cash and has had over 12000 people attend!!! This is the 13th season and we expect it to be the biggest one yet!
- 1st Prize: $2500.00 cash plus a weeks bookings (Thursday-Saturday) at the Sydney Comedy Store or The Sit Down Comedy Club in Brisbane.
- 2nd Prize: $750 Cash plus a minimum three Gigs.
- 3rd Prize: $500 Cash plus five shows throughout various Sydney venues.
HOW THE NIGHT RUNS
As a rough outline, this is how the evening will be run and the people who will be involved in the night:
- The Host will be a professional comedian who will hold the whole night together.
- Six contestants each Thursday night, except for the grand final where there will be Ten.
- The winner of each heat goes directly into the final which is to be contested during September.
- For their vote to count the audience simply mark one box.
- As it is an audience voted competition if there are any discrepancies the Judges decision is final.
2010 LINE UP
- July 1st – Felicity Ward (Spicks and Specks regular)
- July 8th – Corinne Grant (as seen on The Glasshouse and Rove)
- July 15th – Bob Franklin (as seen on Thank God You’re Here)
- July 22nd – Lawrence Mooney (as seen on the 7pm project)
- July 29th – Tahir (Habib from Fat Pizza)
- August 5th – Heath Franklin’s Chopper (as seen on The Ronnie Johns Half Hour)
- August 12th – Pommy Johnson (Australian Comedy Legend)
- August 19th – Tom Gleeson (as seen on the 7pm project)
- August 26th – Glenn Robbins (aka Kel Knight and Russel Coight)
- September 2nd Grand Final – David Smiedt (as seen on The Comedy Channel
- September 9th – Best Of